Because we've told you too much, but we're telling you anyway: choosing Bidart for family vacations is THE safe bet so that the whole family will find what it takes!
We have few holidays with the children so when we plan them so much they are successful!
Here, we take the time, the time to do everything and… to do nothing. When we stay with the family, we adapt to the rhythms of each one and we deal with the desires of adults, and toddlers!
So to inspire you in writing your vacation program, the team has put together its best selection of addresses and free activities to do with the family!
A quick overview of what we offer ...
For the little ones
- Le Coastal path : a unique 25km route that runs along the Basque coast from Bidart to Hendaye.
- La Greenway de l'Uhabia: a gentle shared path for pedestrians and bicycles, 3,5 km from the Uhabia estuary to the Moulin de Bassilour. Ideal for small legs, balance bikes and strollers!
- The visit of Bassilour mill, well known for its shortbread cookies and Basque cakes ... but also for its "machine room" where you can see the millstone crush the grains to produce a beautiful corn flour.
- Bidart's two playgrounds, one facing the Pyrenees, in the center of the village and the other near the Uhabia.
- Don't miss the 2 geocaching routes Terra Adventure which will allow you to discover Bidart differently.
Download the 100% free mobile application and let yourself be guided by Zéïdon or Zonelib ', two mischievous little characters who will take you on the footpaths of Bidart by telling you anecdotes about the village, its history and its heritage.
For older children
- Whether you are a beginner or an expert in surfing, you will find our surf schools in Bidart. To consult them, go directly to the section Surf.
- Patxi and Jon from the workshop Ona pilota offer introductions to Basque pelota. For more information or to book your course, click here.
- Come and taste the joys of off-road hiking aboard a quad with Brice de TT Rando Quad.
- To discover the Basque Country aboard an all-terrain 4 × 4, set off with Adrian's team from Basque Country Experience.
- Mylène fromAtypik's Sport offers you hiking or biking tours as well as orienteering courses in the Basque mountains.
- So try yoga with Mayra from Namastraveler which offers yoga classes adapted to all levels.
& Around ?
And as with our neighbors there are parks and leisure sites for families, we have decided to share a few with you:
- Le Wow park in Urrugne: the largest leisure park in the Basque Country.
- The Park Ttiki leku in Souraïde: a more intimate leisure park ideal for a day out with young children.
- Le Oihana Adventure Park in Urrugne: a tree climbing course accessible from 3 years old.
- THEAquarium from Biarritz: a must-see place to admire the different marine species. Do not miss: the seal meal every day at 10:30 am and 17 pm. And for a virtual version, don't miss the City of the Ocean.
- Climbing the mountain Rhune in the little cogwheel train: an exceptional panorama awaits you at the top.
- Not to be missed "Sites and museums in the Basque Country".
Well, we agree, will you have to extend your stay to be able to do everything?